don't fight it corbiscide it

Its the thoughts about nothing that make it really something

Monday, December 05, 2005

And again I continue with the blog about nothing.

Well as the sub-title says nothing makes this blog something. But then again if it were about nothing then I would just be writing nothing or maybe something that is nothing.

If this entire blog entry was "I am a fish" 700 times then two things would be accomplished. This entry would be something about nothing and I would have all the Red Dwarf fans either happy at the parody or I'd get sued for copying someone else's idea. I don't think I'd get sued but I might get flamed. Hey at least I'd get a comment.

I sit here listening to the radio (triple j) typing this regurgitation wondering about someone else every now and again. Do we all get that, you know the days going by at a million miles a second then a moment hits and we remember a friend or someone who we care for. The world slows down, things become clear. Memories float in and out. Some are bad some are good but they're your memories and because of that they're good. We remember thoughts and feelings (good and bad), yet is it the memories that slow it all down?

I remember smells, two smells I remember really well. One is my grandmothers Dutch Cake (well any Dutch Cake really) but Nana's Dutch Cake is somthing I remember. Its a warm and cozy smell it brings back happy expectation. You know the feeling it involves being safe and fed. Then I remember moth balls. Napthalene Flakes is how they are sold these days because kids could mistake them as sweets. They do look like pepermints but they don't smell like them at all.

Memories light the corners of my mind

Misty water coloured memories

Of the way we were.

Gee those lines are pretty good, such a pity they've been lambasted to death by Ms. Striesand. Don't think I spelt your name right there Babs. Sorry.

I'm not sure if its the memories that make the world slow down, but something does happen when we remember. Other things slow the world down. When driving to somewhere new it takes allot longer yet when driving back again it doesn't take so much time. We've seen it all before and its not all new and we are not taking in every new scene opening up before us. Is this the same with friends and loved ones. We see them for the first time and we take in enough information to recognise them and then the next time we recognise them and it isn't a new person anymore. I'm not sure if it is. We see people every day that we don't know and do we take notice who they are. I've often said to people I didn't see you because of the crowd. So with allot of people we turn off the slow time remember thing. Yet when we see something in someone or of someone we turn on the recognition and memory software.

We need to remember where we've been (so we don't get lost and can find our way back) we also need to remember friends and other special people. Intresting. The perception increases and decreases when we need to remember information of our surroundings. Things can slow down around us and speed up depending on wether we need to remember or concentrate.

Well that covered a few topics didn't it.

Corbiscide Out

1 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Blogger J'onn J'onzz, Martian Manhunter said...

Eh? No offense but was that supposed to sound profound or was it just supposed to be confusing?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home