don't fight it corbiscide it

Its the thoughts about nothing that make it really something

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Splash!

SPLASH!
Of course Blue was not the General Lee, he wasn't even Daisy's Jeep. And even here on this blog Newtons Rule is Law.
Sometime later on the other side of the river in the shallows the water stirs. Slowly out of the water Blue emerges from the river. Rolling up the shallow bank Blue stops. The doors open and water pours out from inside Blue. Following the water out steps 3blogs.
'Beep beep' says Blue.
"I don't know what your saying Blue." answers 3blogs. "But it seems I was the only one to put on a seatbelt."
Blue starts to shake like a dog and the water sprays everywhere. 3blogs already wet doesn't bother to evade the sudden shower.
'Beeeeep Vrooom Vrooom' said Blue.
"I suppose you want to go and start looking for the Stranger and Brain?" guesses 3blogs.
'Beep beep' agrees Blue.
"Ok we should go looking for them.." starts 3blogs who is interupted by Blue opening the Drivers side door.
'Beeep beeep Vroom vroom VROOM' encourages Blue.
"I'd guess thats lets go now 3blogs." interprets 3blogs as he gets into the drivers seat. The door slams quickly on him and Blue is up and away wheels spinning in the river bank.
'Oh dear why did I get out of bed this morning?'Thinks 3blogs.

Further down the river the Stranger wakes. He opens his eyes and he's on the floor of a shack. There's a blanket on him and as he goes to get up he realises he's naked. Quickly wrapping the blanket around him, the Stranger gets up. Theres a single door to the shack as he goes to open it. It opens hitting him in the face, he falls backwards.
"Oh sorry." says Brain. "I was just comming in to check on you."
"No problem Brain" replies the Stranger getting up again.
"Oh yeah your clothes they should be dry by now." remembers Brain and he rushes off closing the door behind him.
'Now should I just wait here making sure I don't get hit buy the door again. Nah I'll wait here.' thinks the Stranger to himself.
Suddenly the door opens.
"Here's your clothes." says Brain as he throws the clothes at the Stanger."Come out when your ready the old man Epic wants to see you."
'SLAM'
After getting dressed the Stranger opens ths door and steps out onto the shacks verandah. Over by the front door is a man in a rocking chair, smoking a lit cheroot with his feet up on a small stool. He looks up at the Stranger.
"So your the Stranger the oval headed kids been talkin' 'bout?"
"Yes" replies the Stranger.
In the background a few screams and shouts, get the Stangers attention.
"Your it Brain." says one voice.
"Then your it now Tad." replies Brain touching Tad on the head.
"Uh-uh. Don't you know anything Brain you can't make it anyone who made you it. I'm un-itable." snaps Tad.
Brain nods and turns toward the other boys. "I'm gonna get you Mat and Dat" roars Brain.
More screams and shouts eurpt as the Brain chases the oval headed boys around the shack.
"The boys founds ya" Says Epic. "They're playin hookey from choir practice. Found the two of ya on the river bank. Say they heard the splash and came out see what it was. They came and got me."
"Ok that explains almost everything I wanted to know." says the Stranger.
"Ya want ta know more Stranger" asks Epic.
"I want know everything. All of it" answers the Stranger.
"Well that gonna take some time." replies Epic.

End of Chapter 8

1 Comments:

At 12:58 PM, Blogger J'onn J'onzz, Martian Manhunter said...

Hm... old man Epic. I think I'm gonna have to reread this story from the start. I'm getting a lttle confused. I have the worst timing. Just a couple of hours ago I checked on this blog and there was no post. Good thing you alerted me! Be sure to enter the great Bizarro contest (if you can draw).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home