don't fight it corbiscide it

Its the thoughts about nothing that make it really something

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Overdue Chapter 2

I got to my bag and it didn't have the book in it.

"Shit shit shit shit shit." I cursed repeatedly.

"Whats wrong Craig shouldn't you be out with Mindy." it was Karl. "And remember you've got to tone down the language here I thought we'd been through all this before?"

"Sorry Karl, but I've lost something I thought I left in my bag. But its gone." I replied leaving out the information that it was a book with concealed drugs in it. That I'd found in the Library and that I should have at least told Karl about it. Karl didn't ask anymore questions and I was glad he didn't.

The rest of the day went so, slowly. I couldn't stop thinking about the drugs and what, if anything could have happened to them. Who could have taken them, did they know that I got them from the Library. I was fully expecting to end up sacked from the Library. That or whoever had put the drugs their would found out I took them and then I'd be dead.

The thing was I knew who put the durgs there. Well not who put them there, but who was behind the guy who put the drugs in the book in the Library.

His name was Patrick Kilpatrick one of those people whose parents decided a funny name would be great for their kids self-esteem. Of course this backfired horribly when Oysters got to school. Oh yes, Oysters was his name from third grade on. At first he thought it was a great joke. Then he gradually got more and more frustrated with it. And when the teachers started using it well, that was the last straw. From then on he was the worst kid in the school.

Now with most bad eggs teachers and Prinicipals just wait till they screw up and kick them out. But Kil as he is known these days, wasn't dumb. Not at all. Kil was the best student in Maths and topped the Physics scores in the state for his final year.

The principal knew what was going on and that Kil was the ringleader for everything bad in the school. But like now, back then Kil was untouchable. None would snitch on him. If you tried to the repercussions would be amazing. Kil didn't just beat you up, no that was too easy. He made sure your life was hell at school, at home and that even your parents lives would be hell. He'd steal your stuff, trash your bike, kill your pets, send viruses to your e-mail, your parents e-mail. He was so thorough that one time he switched one kids grandmas medicine with ecstasy. Crossing Kil was not the done thing. And now I had stolen from Kil. Then someone stole from me. Its a deadly cycle, and with Kil it ends in death, mine!

I raced home. Drugs in my house was rare, unless you mean the anti-depressents that my fellow house mate Kate took constantly. Kate was an artisit, depression was a lifestyle for her. However, when Kate needed to work with reality she took her anti-depressants by the bucket load. And all I could think about was that to Kate a pill was something that just demanded comsumption. Kate on ecstasy. Well that might be something to see, however I needed to get them back. If Kate had taken them then they were possibly gone. And if her deadbeat artist friends had found them they were definatley gone. How was I going to fix this.

Well I got in the house and went straight to Kates room. She wasn't there. Damn! The book wasn't in her room either. Well it wasn't laid out on the bed or dropped on the floor. I didn't go through her stuff. I thought about it though. But the phone rang. I let the machine get it, it was Kate.

"Hey Craig I'm out with the guys. Rat found a book with some E. Well not just some E but a whole load of it. We're all at Mephistos, c'mon over its a party and your invited. You can even bring that up tight Mindy you've been to sacred to ask out."

I always hated the fact I told Kate that I liked Mindy. But it wasn't my main concern. I got myself over to Mephistos.

Mephisto was an artist and close friend of Kates. By artist I mean his last work was himself covered in mud, with a stuffed seagull on is head. Mephistos place was the garage at the back of his dads tyre franchise. Mephistos dad was loaded.

I got there and the place was a shambles. I found Kate eventually. She was in Mephistos bed. Friendship for Kate exteneded to the occasional quickie. Not that that ever occoured between us. She saw me as little brother. Which did make for awkward moments, like now.

"Kate, kate." I whispered.
"Oh Craigie." she gushed and sat bolt upright giving me full frontal exposure. It wasn't the first time. "This shits really good. I don't now where you got it, but give some to your little Mindy and you'll get some. I did." Kate lifted up the quilt and there was a very naked Mephisto, spooning up to Kate.

"And again you give me need to wash my eyes." I complained. "Kate what happened to the book the drugs came in."

"Oh I don't know Rat wanted it. I think she was going to use it in a new project she's working on." replied Kate who feel back onto the bed and went back to Mephisto.

I went to Rats room. Rat was Mephistos sister their real names were Brad and Faith. Rat changed her name legally to Rattus, I heard her mother cried when she found out about it. Rat was more of an artist than Mephisto meaning she actually produced art to sell. She was busily patining the book.

"Rat what are you doing." I screamed. I grabbed the book it was ruined.
"Hey hands off the artwork prole." Rat snapped the book back. I could have stopped her but it was too late. Rat put the book back on her table and then turned to me with a sly grin on her face.
"Well christian Craigs not so saintly after all." she continued. " Who'd have thought you'd be working for Kil."

"I don't work for Kil." I protested which got me in deeper water than I thought.

"Well you don't do drugs your too square for that." deduced Rat. "So if you don't work for him then you stole from him. But I know you don't have the balls for that too. So you found them. In the library. You found out how Kil gets his drugs to his customers. Your dead if this gets out."

"I know." I moaned and sat down on a 10 litre bucket of mission brown paint.

6 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Ooh, our own Max series blog!

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger corbiscide said...

Thanks Chuck. Yes its a bit rated M+ but I thought that would help its popularity.

 
At 3:56 AM, Blogger J'onn J'onzz, Martian Manhunter said...

Great. Spam.

 
At 4:40 AM, Blogger Professor Xavier said...

The spam is a real two edged sword. I hate spam but that word verifier is also really annoying too.

And I'm liking the story Corb, though it does need some editing for grammer.

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger corbiscide said...

Yeah Chuck my grammer sucks. Never know where to put my commas and full stops.

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

Again I am saying this a constructive critisim: some of your transition point are pretty hard. Also the chapters are short, though I know some of this is format problems on blogs.

Other then that I am intrested in reading more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home