don't fight it corbiscide it

Its the thoughts about nothing that make it really something

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Overdue - Chapter 4

"You don't have to call me Kil Craig, call me Patrick." Kil smiled.

"What book were you looking for?" I asked. Of course I knew what book he was looking for the deleted one with drugs in it. The book I took home and gave all the ecstasy to Kate and all her artist friends.

"Green Papaya." said Kil.

What! That wasn't the book. It was a large print romance novel called "The passion of the heart."

I looked up the name, yep we had it. I went and showed Kil to the book. It was a coookery book by Kils favourite musicians mother. He took it out. And that was it, he left. I was so sure he'd come to challenge me on the drugs. I was sure the drugs were his. Who else would go to such lengths to evade the police.

Later Rat came in and I told her what happened while I was shelf tidying in the Philosophy section.

"I'd say he just came in to see if you'd crack just by him looking at you." She was so sure of herself.

"Oh and who died and made you the criminalologist." I snapped back. "All your doing is hanging around and waiting to see if I get killed."

"If thats how you think I'm outta here." and with that Rat was gone.

I should have apologised straight away but I had too much going on in my head. I was too busy thinking about myself. I needed to know why Kil didn't confront me. Was Rat right, could he be leaving me dangling? What about the guy who came in looking for the drugs in the book? If I could find him then.... But who was I kidding I'd never find him. Then, I looked up as you do when looking for help and I just happened to be looking in the right direction. Right down the barrel of one of the surveilance cameras.

I got home that evening with the surveilance footage. Now I know most stores and shops keep at the least 24 hours of video tape as a back up. At the Library we had the latest. It was all stored digitally, then when required burt to disc. I got everything. All I had to do was sit down and watch it. Fortunatley, all the discs were time coded so I could skip to the very moment that the guy came in and tore up the library looking for the book. I got a clear shot of his face captured it and printed it out on my computer. Now I had a picture, all I had to do was to find him. For that I was going to need some help. Which required some groveling.

"Rat c'mon. I already said I was sorry." Which had happened just before Rat slamed the front door in my face. But becasue the front door was a sliding garage door it bounced open and I follwed Rat to her room. Where she resumed her painting. I continued to explain my stupidity.

"Look I was under a huge amount of stress. I thought I was going to be lead out of the Library and dissapear..." I paused a bit for effect. "Forever!"

She didn't respond. She just kept painting, smooth even stokes. The she stopped turned her head and shot a quick look at me.

"PLEASE!" I whined. Hey I know I whined but I needed help badly, and when you need help you'll whine 'please' to anyone you think its going to work on.

"Uhhh! Ok but only because your a wuss and you need my help." relented Rat. "Now give me the picture I might know this guy."

I gave her the picture. She examined it closely. "I've seen him before. He works at Java-Hut. Makes a good espresso. And I need a coffee break." And with that she put her brush down, put on her jacket and walked out. I followed.

7 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

Ohhh! once on Tatooine, to make extra money I worked at Java the Hutt coffee shop and slave emporium.

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger corbiscide said...

What no song AOC.

Awwww! I was expecting something.

Corbiscide

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Professor Xavier said...

In the words of the immortal Ronald Ray-gun, Just Say No.

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger captain koma said...

damn spammers.

No one click anything.

I'll kill them later.

Koma

 
At 1:29 AM, Blogger Iceman said...

Yes just say no to spammers

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger J'onn J'onzz, Martian Manhunter said...

Hey Corb, when are you going to post?

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger corbiscide said...

when I finish writing it doufus

 

Post a Comment

<< Home